Reasons to Upgrade to a New Garage Door Opener
Most homeowners use their garage doors as the primary entrance to their homes, making garage doors and openers one of the most important, useful systems throughout the home. Garage door openers, on average, can dependably open and close your door for at least 10 years, but many can operate for much longer with proper care. Even if your garage door opener still works, though, it is a good idea to upgrade it to a new machine to take advantage of improvements in home safety, security, and daily convenience.
Why Replace Your Garage Door Opener?
Can you remember the last time you replaced your garage door opener? With proper care and regular maintenance, many garage door opener machines can function much longer than their expected lifespans. Many older models, however, especially those manufactured before 1993, lack upgraded features that improve the overall safety and functionality of your garage door opener.
If you’re curious whether you should purchase a new garage door opener, then consider these improvements only offered with updated machines:
- Improved Safety Upgrades: When you were younger, you likely remember those old garage door opener models where you would click the wall-mounted controls then run to slip under the garage door before it closed. After 1993, garage door openers were manufactured with photo-eye sensors mounted at the base of the door. If a child, pet or object interrupts that signal, then the sensors instruct the door to raise. By having these sensors, you can prevent property damage and personal harm.
- Increased Home Security: With older opener machines, they use a set remote code to control the door operations. Because the code never changed, intruders could easily copy this code to their own remotes and gain entrance to homes. New garage door openers use a rolling code feature that changes the code each time the opener is used.
- Quieter Operations: Older chain-operated openers create a lot of noise while operating, which can be disruptive to those inside your home or nearby. Newer jackshaft or belt operated machines have quieter operations.
- Battery Backup: If you’ve experienced a power outage with your old garage door opener, then you understand the frustration that comes from being unable to open or close the garage door. Updated garage door opener models feature battery backup capabilities that allow the door to open or close without power.
- Added Convenience Features: Not only are newer opener models safer and more secure, but they also feature the latest technology, such as WiFi — you can control your door and lights from anywhere and have whole-home connectivity.
Benefits of LiftMaster Garage Door Openers
When searching for a new garage door opener for your home, choose only the best, most dependable and advanced brand and model to improve your daily living. LiftMaster has been a trusted, top-rated brand for many years, but their latest garage door opener models also feature the most recent upgrades and equipment to improve your safety and comfort, including:
- MyQ Capabilities and WiFi Connectivity: With MyQ, you can monitor and control your garage door from anywhere in the world by using your smartphone.
- Security+ 2.0 Advancements: The latest in security code technology, Security+ 2.0 creates rolling codes for your opener to prevent duplication.
- Battery Backup: Safely and efficiently operate your garage door during power disruptions or outages.
- Timers: Program your garage door to close after a set amount of time for peace of mind that your door is always secure.
- Model Variety: Choose from a wide variety of models and styles to fit your needs and budget including chain, belt, and jackshaft options.
Contact Upper Canada Garage Doors Today
When you need a new garage door opener, consult with the skilled, knowledgeable professionals at Upper Canada Garage Doors to assist you in selecting and installing a quality, convenient LiftMaster garage door opener. We’re a locally owned and operated company serving homeowners throughout Oakville and the surrounding areas with all of their garage door and opener maintenance and installation needs. For all of our customers, we offer same day services, competitive pricing models and free service estimates.